If your ITIN application is rejected by IRS, it can be because of;

  • Not providing to the IRS if there is a request for more information.
  • Not submitting Form W-7 required documents.
  • Not being eligible to receive an ITIN,

You can feel frustrated after your ITIN application is rejected. As E-Government LLC, we can obtain your ITIN number easy as winking.

Let us explain why you may be exempt from receiving your ITIN:

  1. Sending Invalid Documents

While you are filing Form W-7, you must attach certain documents with the original forms. These are the documents you are supposed to include;

  • Original passport
  • Certified copy of passport
  • National ID card
  • US Driver’s License
  • Visa from the U.S. Department of State
  • Military ID card
  • Foreign voter registration card
  • Foreign Driver’s License
  • Photo ID from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • U.S. state ID card
  • Civil birth certificate

Unless you have a valid passport, you must send at least two of the other documents that provide your identity and foreign status. If you do not send the right documents, you will be inevitably rejected by the IRS.

2) Not being Eligible to Receive an ITIN

If you are a foreign national who is living and working in the U.S., you can apply for obtaining an ITIN. The IRS will determine whether you qualify for this tax processing number as a nonresident alien. If you do not have a work visa or a tax return, you may not be able to get an ITIN.

3) Replying Late

The IRS may send you a request for more information if you do not submit sufficient information. If you can not respond to this request within the determined time frame, you must re-apply for receiving an ITIN. 

If you want to get an ITIN, but aren’t quite sure where to begin, it could be worth finding a CAA that could help you throughout the process. Many non-us residents have chosen to work with E-government LLC to simplify processes and accurate work.
E-government LLC is an IRS authorized Certified Acceptance Agent and Commercial Registered Agent in the State of Delaware.