You can receive an ITIN if you are one of the below:

  • Foreign individuals who are not eligible for a Social Security Number but have a tax liability to the US Government,
  •  Individuals who do not live in the US, who are not likely to obtain SSN; but, need a tax ID number for tax returns,
  • Individuals who came to the US for residency purposes and need to have a tax ID
  •  Spouses and dependents of the US citizens and foreign individuals who went to the US for residency purposes and are not eligible to obtain an SSN and are required to pay taxes,
  • Spouses and dependents of individuals who are not residents of the US but need to file taxes.

If you need an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), you can apply for it via IRS’s website after filing Form W-7. 

For ITIN Application, these are the required documents:

  • Company Formation Documents,
  • Company Ownership/ Membership Documents,
  • Employer Identification Number (EIN) Document, 
  • Passport Scan Copy (colored with a scanner)

If you want to get an ITIN, but aren’t quite sure where to begin, it could be worth finding a CAA that could help you throughout the process. Many non-us residents have chosen to work with E-government LLC to simplify processes and accurate work.
E-government LLC is an IRS authorized Certified Acceptance Agent and Commercial Registered Agent in the State of Delaware.