Losing your EIN confirmation letter can be frustrating, but don’t worry – you can get an EIN verification letter from the IRS. To get an EIN verification letter, simply contact IRS support and request a 147c Letter. Be sure to have your company information on hand so they can verify your identity.

The EIN confirmation letter is typically a tax ID certificate that is mailed to you by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) after your EIN application has been approved. This confirmation letter is known as Form CP 575 and is usually sent to the address that was mentioned in your Form SS-4 application.

If you need a replacement for a missing or never-received EIN confirmation letter, you can request an EIN verification letter from the IRS. This verification letter can serve the same purpose as the confirmation letter you would have received from the IRS.

To obtain an EIN verification letter from the IRS, follow these steps:

1. Request the letter from the IRS by calling their customer service number or by visiting their website. If you are not in the U.S. call (267) 941-1099. If you are in the U.S. call 800-829-4933. The Business & Specialty Tax Line is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time.

2. Be prepared to provide your business name, EIN, and contact information.

3. The IRS will mail the verification letter to the address on record for your business.

4. Allow 5-10 business days for the letter to arrive.

If you want to get an EIN letter but aren’t quite sure where to begin, it could be worth finding a CAA to help you throughout the process. Many non-us residents have chosen to work with E-government LLC to simplify processes and accurate work.

E-government LLC is an IRS-authorized Certified Acceptance Agent and Commercial Registered Agent in the State of Delaware.