If you applied for EIN and got an SS4 copy from IRS, you are applying for a bank or a merchant account. So they didn’t accept your current EIN since it’s a fax copy of your SS4 application. Without an official letter from IRS with the company’s name, address, and EIN, it is usually impossible to open a bank account, verify Payoneer or Paypal business profiles, etc. You will need a 147C letter to confirm your EIN.

Follow the below process to obtain a verification letter from the IRS:

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at 800-829-4933. (The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.)

An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

If you need assistance with your EIN or tax records, you can authorize us to get the 147C document on behalf of your company.